Friday 1 May 2015

Portrait project (Fridays)

For our first Friday lesson on portraiture our tutor gave us a list of different artists who did portraiture. we had to research and find some of there work and do a critical study of three of the artists work we picked I choose Henri Matisse, Picasso and Andy Warhol. This was my final work with annotation.

For out next part we are going to be doing a self portrait of either a peer or my self I have chosen to do myself so I took  about 12 photos to and had to pick four these where the four I picked. 
 


 After we had the four pictures I had to do a study of my pictures in what ever media I wanted we could draw parts of the face or all of it and we had to do 3 studies on 1 A2 piece of paper we could also add words, items or to the background that means something to us. This was my final studies sheet.

Also while we doing the sheets of work In-between we had a go at mono printing. Mono printing is where you get a sheet of plastic and tape that down and then add a couple blobs of ink (any colour) to the plastic and then roll it out till it leaves a thin layer of ink. You then put a piece of white or parcel paper and place it down over the ink but don't press down. Next I took one of my pictures I printed and placed it over the parcel paper facing up not pressing down again and then started to draw over the picture in pencil if you want to add shading you can rub the ink where you want shading. After I had done it a couple of times I lifted it off the ink and these where my final experiments. 
 
 
  After that we had to start 2 visual the first one had to include the photos that we took at the begging and when we had to copy it we had to use different media for each one, and also include things that mean something to me. So for my self portrait bit some I did half of the picture and drew the other half some I drew the top bit and the picture was the bottom half. And then added a family tree and silhouettes of objects or subjects I like . This was my final sheet. 
 
 
  I like my final project because the photos and drawings are black and white but then the stuff I'm Interested in or mean something to me are in colours so it shows two side of me. If I was to do it again I wouldn't so the make the eye so bold i wasn't means to but it stands out too much. And I wouldn't use fine liner and water because it was hard to do the shading. 

For my 2nd visual sheet I had to include the mono print so I got a pencil and added more detail to it. I also decides for my background to do some mark making so I got a Pom Pom and dipped it in the paint and it gave it a sponge effect. I also got some crimped paper and pressed it down over the top. I also tea stained a piece of paper for it to look old like the paper I used for mono printing. I then also added girly and vintage stuff because there my main Interests. This was my final piece. 
 
  I like this one better than the first because my drawings of me look more like me. I also like the bird cage scrafitto because it's colorful. If I was to do it again I would used a different paper to collage with because the drawing don't show up as clear as I wanted. 
 
Next was my final piece, this was my final  sheet. 
 
  For my final design I have took the last photo that I took of my self so I have used all 4. I've took some of the words that mean something to me from both my mood boards and some of the silhouettes that link with the words. I've also took the vintage pattern that I found on the internet from my mood board in the bottom right. I have used different types of media such as coloured pencil, pencil, acrylic, collage and the oil pastels and black paint to do scrafitto. I like it because I've got a range of media and I've been practicing learning the shapes of my face features so it's staring to look more like me. I like also how my self portrait is in black and white but the back ground is colorful so it links to my personality. If I was to do it again I would use darker shading for the face because it doesn't show up as well as I wanted and I would do I different technique than scrafitto because it didn't work how I wanted to it was hard to scratch the paint off.

No comments:

Post a Comment