Thursday 17 November 2016

lines project

our first workshop of the 4 week round about was fine art workshop our first day was working with black materials and 12 squares, we could do any mark making, patterns and adding other materials with different tones of black we then had to cut the squares up and then cut up each square into another 4 sections . I think mine came out quite well maybe could have been more black but I used a variety of media and techniques. we then had to get a A1 sheet of paper and measure out 24 squares after we then could mix and match the pieces as long as the where in alternate squares on the A1 sheet like a chess boards. The other 12 squares are parts of drawings which I've taken from the wall we did write at the begging of the course. example of part of the wall below.
we then made view finders and started to do charcoal sketches of the selected sections once we had done 12 of them we cut them out and stuck them in the 12 squares that where left. we then had to try make it look like one whole drawing by working over the top and extending drawings lines and patterns. I think mind came out quite well but it would look better if it was darker and probably would have been easier to make it look like one whole drawing.


after I then went into the photography our first day was in the studio learning how to set up all the photography equipment and also learning more about the cameras. we got into pairs of 4 and we took turns to work with lighting and shadow placement and angle of the camera and portrait and landscape photos. The day after we went into the computer mac suite to have a go with Photoshop using the photos that we had taken the day before I had a play around with my portraits by taking clippings from the photos. but for my third one I wanted it to link more to my lines theme I took clippings of each of the people hair in the photo and mine and made it into a more abstract look with the different shades of hair and also enlarged and rotated them. Here are my three final pieces.


 
 

after the photography we then did an afternoon in illustration we first had to collect 20 images based on different stuff for example






No comments:

Post a Comment