Sunday 18 January 2015

Experimental portrait project evaluation

I decided to produce a self portrait of my self because I look through the mirror at least twice a day so I know the shape and look of my features more than looking at a peers photo.
The three artists I looked at where Picasso, Andy Warhol and Henry Matisse.   I liked Picasso's because the face was disfigured so I wanted to try something different plus I liked the natural colours. Andy Warhol work appealed to me because it was colorful and with it being a celebrity I wanted to have a go to see how much I could make it look the same. And I liked Matisse's because it's impasto and I like how you can just go straight for it instead of drawing and outline. I applied media learnt from the observational project to my portrait project by using scrafitto I used it in one of my mood boards to do a birdcage drawing and then for my final piece as part of my face. I also used collage for my final piece to give it more of a texture. I also took the some of the drawing techniques like the fine liner and water which I used for part of one of my mood boards. And also tonal shading. Which I used in both mood boards and final piece. I think my mood boards turned out well because I used different media for the different drawings which I took from my pictures. And did about 2 or three on each mood board. I also did effective background to give Abit more patterns and colour. And did a variety of Items and words that link to me so I enjoyed drawing things I'm interested in. And on my second one I also added one of my mono prints and added details onto it. 
I think my final piece overall is quite effective because all the different parts are in different medias and techniques. For example I have used different bright colours of oil pastels and then coated that in black paint and then scratched it out to make half of my face and the I scratched the words of what are linked to me and then silhouettes to link to the words and I think that's effective because it's bright and colorful and music makes me happy.  Also I did college in one corner which then I painted over for my blouse and scarf and it gives it a cracked and ruff  effect. I think my experimental drawing  skills have improved because I find it more easier to find detail and shading on photos so when there finished it looks more like me than what they did before. Also I found the drawings by Picasso and Matisse etc. easier to do because I could find the colours and detail so they looked better when they where finish because before that some of the shapes of things etc. didn't look right. I think I managed my time well because I tried to do as much in class but if not I would make sure that it was done before the next lesson so I don't get too far behind and also to make sure it's up to date on my blog and Pinterest so I don't forget. I feel like I have produced the best mood boards and final piece possible in the time frame because I've made sure I've put as many media and techniques as possible so it had a good variety and looks interesting. I want to do more than the minimum but it takes a lot of time so it's hard to do more so I feel I have produced the best because I put full effort into the work I've done. Also I think it's good because I've found it easier for things to put into them because some of it is what I like so I know how to draw them and produce them. 
Overall I quite liked  this project because we had a bit more freedom because it was things we where Interested in and also the picture where of me so I'm going to want it to look like me plus there photos that we've took not from an artist that we don't really know a lot about so for ours we could show off Abit. I also like d using the different medias but I still like to use pencil. And finally I've tried to add more pattern and texture to my backgrounds. 
Blogger address 
Loulou1997.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment