Thursday 5 February 2015

animals project evaluation

I found looking at the collage works of peter Clarks quite easy because we had been shown a video put together telling us everything we needed to know about Clark, like where he got his collage materials from and where he got his inspiration from and also examples of his work. I found it quite challenging to find colours and items in magazines, newspaper etc. to cut out that looked like peter Clarks. I think my artist research sheet went really well because it was full of colours to match his work and I also built it up for the dress as if it's for each layer it made it more interesting. Furthermore I had cut out differnt shapes for example the camera lense to make them look like the picture. For my three animals I decided to chose a kola because I love Australia and it is my dream to go there and I would also love to see the Australian animals. Secondly a butterfly because I'm happy most of the time so I like to think the bright colours as positive like I am and I also like doing photography on butterfly's. And finally a Labrador because when I was younger I sponsored 3 guide dogs in memory of my grandad. Out of the three I have chosen to do the butterfly because I think  they are really nice to draw because each one is unique and I love all the detail in there wings plus they look good in lots of different media like I showed throughout my different sheet work for example I started of with one butterfly and then on the next sheet I did three and also added background like flowers and leafs and did each butterfly on different medias like water colour, coloured pencil ect and then for my last piece took my favorite ones and used the media I think suited them the best. I think my final piece is effective because I've done it 3d so the layering of the wings makes it more interesting. My methods of constructing started when I research different 3d model butterfly's and I found one where it was stood up so I made mine the same. For example I cut out the full base and then built it up with smaller pieces. I think I've improved my model making skills because I had something to look at and It came to me quite quickly how to do it and how to collage. I think i have managed my time well because I had more of an idea on what had to be on each board and I had made sure I was up to date with the work and if I was behind I finished It off at home. I've really enjoyed doing the project because of the bright colours I got to do on the butterfly and different media I got to use and also an animal that I liked to draw. However I didn't enjoy the collage because it took a lot of time and was really messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment