Friday 30 October 2015

Fine art experiments

Our first experiment was about observational drawing and cross hatching, we had 3 hrs to finish a crosshatched picture of a set up in front of us of different items in our bag. 
I didnt get mine done in the three hours and i think thats either becuse cross hatching take longer to be effective than shading and also maybe i had too many items. So next time i shall have less items 
But after another couple of hours another  day i got it finished and here was my final peice.
 Our second experiment was gridding we where asked bring a A4 image of something from our world i live in sketch book. I choose one of my scenary photos  from elsecar park because i love painting scenarys but also i though it would look good on a large scale. We then had to measure the grid on to the a4 paper and then double the measuments when i drew the grid onto my stretched A2 paper. I found it quite easy and enjoyed doing it we where then giving our own time to do it and this was my final peice.
 I was really happy with the effect on the water even though it was lines and also the shading on the trees even though it was just different tones of green. 

No comments:

Post a Comment