Tuesday 22 September 2015

knitwear exhibition at civic

this week we went to the knitwear: Chanel to east wood exhibition
  at the civic which displayed a variety of knitwear from the different decades of the 20th century and how style, colour themes and pattern changed over the years. it included famous designers like coco Chanel, Vivienne west wood and Julien McDonald. I really enjoyed looking around the exhibition because I loved the layout how the walls where all painted black and the windows blacked out to make it dark. and the spot light on each of the boxes which then had there own layout and objects to create a story linked to that decade it was like watching a cat walk but instead of them moving around it was us. I especially liked the war one because looking at the fashion it reminded you of the house wife's with the scarfs around there heads and kitted jumpers and skirts. I also like that one because I liked how the information was put on some cortigated which represents the bomb shelter it was also at a different level to the rest of the displays and level is important because it makes it more interesting for the viewer.

after looking around the exhibition we was given a one day project to make a 30cm by 30cm woven, cardboard or peg loom, crochet or knitted square which when everyone had done theirs was going to be made into a kimono and go up in the civic. we could use any long material as long as it was black. I decided to peg loom because I had done it before and enjoyed it. once I had set it up from hope I had brought in from home some vhs tape I then moved on to wool and then fluffy wool. But by the time was up my square was not big enough. so to problem solve we put mine and my peers together and it was exactly 30cm by 30cm. her is mine and my peers peg loomed squares.




No comments:

Post a Comment