Friday 12 September 2014

Observational drawing (Fridays)


Today we was practising observational drawing. we had to pick out an object at random and draw it from different directions and use a different drawing techniques, for my first one I drew it diagonally from the front and used a cross hatching techniques for the shading, this was my final work which I then had to annotate. And I decided that if I was to do it again I would make the cross hatching neater but I like how I have done the direction of the lines on her dress to show that it swerves round.
After for my second one I drew the back and used tonal shading and then had to annotate that one too. And for that one If I was to do it again I would try make it look more 3d because the bottom looks flat and the mirror doesn't look right. however I really like how I have drawn the lines on the hat to make it look more rounded and the shading under the hat.

For this week we was focusing on close up and far away drawing with different materials. First we had to stetch our paper and seperate our paper into 9 boxes. Then we had to pick an item of either our own or from the box and in the first box we had to draw the whole object in the second box zoom in a bit on one section, and then in the last box zoom in even more. And for my first row I did a butterfly.
 
For my first box I decided to use pencil for mark making and I used dots for the glitter and cross hatching for the shading. And then darker shading for the darker colours. I like it because it's effective and I love working with pencil and shading. For my second box I used optical blending, I was happy about it because the coloured pencil blends into each other very well. For my last box I decided to use fine liner with water to show shading and then after it had dried I went over with the fine liner for minor details.

For my second row I decided to draw one of the magnets on my fridge. 

For my first box I used coloured pencil and used dots with different colours that I could see in the glitter to show that effect and I also used black pencil for where the shading is. I think I could have made it better by making it more bold and stronger shading. For my second box I used pencil I like this because the shading is much stronger and it look more bold and 3d. For my last box I used paint and then used pencil to show darker shading especially in the hair. 
 
For my third row I drew my Mickey Mouse money box. 
For the first box I used couloured pencil I like it because it coulourful and good for the shading. For my second box I used pencil and I like This one the best because it makes it 3d but I would make the shading darker next time. For my last one I used fine liner and water I like how I've made light and dark from just fine liner and water and how effective it looks. But if I was to do it again I try make the drawing more easy to work out because it's quite hard to tell what it is. So I would make some parts more bolder.

This week in observational drawing we had to take some objects either from the box or from are own stuff and draw them together on black paper in coloured pencil. My first items was my Victoria secret bottle, my hand gel, and my nail polish pads. My second one was my comb, my lip balm, and my mirror. And the last one was my coloured pencil tin, my fine loner and my rubber. This was the finished drawings.
I like how I have managed to even out the scale of the items to what they look like in real life. I also like how I have gone back over with a grey, black and white pencil to show light and reflection and also the other colours to make them bright and how clear they show up on black paper. 

For this weeks observation over four week where going to be doing different drawing over the top of different materials. So for the first one we had to split out a2 into 4 squares, and we had to college the back ground. I used black paper, news paper and music sheets. We then had to put some objects together so I choose a sharpener and my keys and we had to draw them in coloured pencil. This was my finished first box. 
For my second box we had to use drawing inks as the background and then put some items together and draw them with coloured pencil again. I choose a brush and and jewled chain. This was my final drawing 
I like it because it I like how have used to different shades for where the light is hitting the object and where the shade is. If I was to do it again I would add another object because there is a lot of space.
My 3rd box was drawing in coloured pencil over the top of thick white paint I decided to draw a blue glass I liked it because I used all different shades of blue to show the light and dark and where you can see through the glass.

My fourth box was brusho inks in the background and then drawing back out with bleach to lift the ink off with a paint brush. I drew from two cotton reels and a paint brush in a pot of water. It was hard to put loads of detail in but you could tell what it was, this was my final peice. 
 
Our last peice of work to do for the observation project was an a3 scraffito work. I first stretched a peice of a3 paper and then got some oil pastels in different bright coulours and couloured in different sections with the different coulours. After we had to get black acrylic and then add washing up liquid to make it thicker and then paint over the oil pastel one dry we had to set up items. I had two cotton reels and I diary and with a compass scratched out the drawing. This was my final scraffito peice.
I liked it because it showed up and you could do all the minor details and scratched away more of the paint for my shaded work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment