Sunday 5 October 2014

Fine metal final design

For my final design I had a board and then I had to print off some pictures to college on the backgroud and then went over it with black, grey and white pencil.
One of my final elements was a brass plaque and I imprinted stop into it which I took from my mood board and then made little pegs underneath to prop it up 
 
My second final element was some pliers, I annealed a peice of copper and then i cut out the shape of pliers in sand paper and then I put it through the roller and then into the pickle tank. I then cut it out and blackend it and the added pegs to that too ready to prop up. 



My third element was a flammable sign which was off my mood board i annealed it and I peirced out the flame and then I imprinted flammable in to it. And then I left the colour on it from when I had heated it up. 

My final element was a ruler I cut out a longish strip of copper and then drew the lines on the ruler in stop out pen and then left it in acid. After washing it I took the stop out pen off with a spirit and then imprinted numbers on it. I then curve it. 
I was happy with my background and I also really liked how nice the flame looked after I had cut it out. I learnt new techniques like imprinting numbers and letters. Also embossing and etching. I didn't enjoy the soldering and It me a few times to do it. I also had a problem working out what my final design was going to look like. And I had a problem with time keeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment